The two main sections of the present- day trail were completed by 1987. The first took four years of planning and implementation and was part of the Ontario Neighbourhood Improvement Program. The second was improved by the Welland Public Works Division in 1987 and 1988.
Note: The trial crosses some busy thoroughfares... proceed with caution!
This rail trail lies in the northwest quadrant of Welland. It extends from the Welland River north- west to Pelham's boundary, and then into Pelham as part of the Steve Bauer Trail system. The trail continues north to St. Alexander School in Fonthill. North of Regional Road 20,the Steve Bauer Trail continues northeast to Thorold. Two main sections of teh Stop 19 Trail exist in Welland: the first between Thorold Road and Woodlawn Road, and the second between Thorold Road and Pitch Street (along Prince Charles Drive). Remaining sections of the trail comprise less formal linkages.
All non- motorized uses are permitted: e.g. walking, cycling, cross-country skiing, jogging.
Adjacent Land Uses
The second section lies adjacent to commercial office complexes and a plaza.
Ownership & Management
City of Welland
(905) 735 1700
City of Welland
411 East Main Street
Tel (905) 735 1700
Trail length 4.4 km
Surface features Mainly Stone Dust
© 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on this website is the copyright property of Brock University
and Tourism Niagara
. All other information is the copyright property of its respective owner(s).